Horsted Keynes

This pretty village church is dedicated to St. Giles and is located close to the famous "Bluebell Line" steam railway.  The family of Thomas WOOLGAR and Alice HOLFORD moved here from Lewes around 1760 and their descendants lived there for about 100 years.

In the churchyard, there is a beautifully engraved headstone to Mary WOOLGAR who died in 1780.

 

 

Return to top of page
Last updated 07 January 2006
© Marion Woolgar